The Care of Baptized Children
Mission Statement: Baptism is a Sacrament of God’s Word and Grace in which He calls us by name, assures us of our salvation, and knits us into the Body of Christ. He binds us to the cross of Christ, so that we may know the fullness of His love through His forgiving grace, and He gives us His Holy Spirit, that we may serve Him and others through the wisdom and strength which He alone provides.
As witnesses of God’s saving action, and as fellow believers who share the core identity of being forgiven sinners, chosen saints, and beloved children, we pledge to pray for these children as they grow in faith, and for their parents as they teach the lessons of Christian faith in the home.
The Care of Baptized Children provides Congregational celebrations of faith life milestones, which includes the presentation of supportive gifts, and age-appropriate resources for parents to use in home worship and teaching.
Dimensions of this supportive/connective ministry include (click the title to see the booklet for that age):
1. Grace-ing Babies: Birth – 1½; Baptism; Grace Friends; First year Baptism birthday celebration on Easter Sunday; Teaching resources for parents.
2. Pictures that Teach: Age 2 - Presentation of Picture Bible; Visual teaching resources for parents.
3. Learning to Pray: Age 4 – Presentation of Resources for Family Prayer/Devotions.
4. Words from God: Age 6 – Presentation of Children’s Bible; Teaching resources for parents.
5. Joyful Servants: Age 8 – Presentation of Towel & Basin; Home-centered serving activities.
6. Disciple Life: Age 9 – Presentation of First Catechism; Home teaching resources for parents.